Armor Dental Launches Scan-Mate, The First Patented Non-Reflective And Autoclavable Retraction Instrument For Intraoral Scanning At The American Dental Hygiene Association (ADHA) Conference In Columbus, OH And The Straumann Digital Dentistry Symposium In Washington, DC
June 22nd – 23rd, 2018
Fully Non-Reflective And Autoclavable Instrument For Any Dental Procedure Is Being Sold By Major Distributors Henry Schein Dental, Patterson Dental, And Benco Dental
Boston, MA, June 22, 2018 – Armor Dental, a privately held dental device company dedicated to modernizing dental care for both clinicians and patients, announces the launch of Scan-Mate™, the first patented non-reflective and autoclavable retraction instrument for intraoral scanning and any retraction needs. Scan-Mate eases scanning for single restoration to full arch cases and is ideal for all intraoral scanning including crowns, bridges, implants and orthodontics. This new product follows Armor Dental’s successful launch of Mouth-Mate®, the first patient take-home product that improves brushing and hygiene habits for patients of all ages. Cherie Le Penske, Founder and CEO, will be demonstrating Scan-Mate at the Straumann Digital Dentistry Symposium at Booth 408 taking place from June 22nd-23rd in Washington DC at the Marriott Marquis. Mike Smurr, Director, Professional Channel Sales and Marketing, Armor Dental and Susan Wingrove, RDH, BS, will be demonstrating Scan-Mate and Mouth-Mate at the ADHA from June 21st-23rd in various lectures and workshops.
“Scan-Mate is a universal tool that enhances retraction for any area of the mouth, even those that are often hard to reach,” said Cherie Le Penske, CEO, Armor Dental. The fully autoclavable and nonreflective instrument has a unique bendable handle that is increasing efficiency, reducing scanning time producing clean images the first time. The patented oral care tool is revolutionizing digital workflow from both the clinician and patient perspectives by modernizing retraction to be more precise and comfortable. Dental teams are also finding Scan-Mate to be helpful or any retraction needs, especially when using a laser, air polisher or intraoral camera.”
Scan-Mate Core Differentiators – Get Your Scan Right the First Time!
- Specifically designed to efficiently retract & comfortably glide easily.
- Soft, bendable tip to provide smooth retraction to follow the arch and hard to reach areas for easier access.
- Durable ergonomic handle improves control and quality of retraction and image.
- Patented bendable handle to take images easily with comfort – bite image, 2nd molar, lower distal, unruly tongue, tight lips.
- Reduces time during scanning and post-scan “clean up.”
- Latex free.
- Steam autoclave 60 cycles and replace after 1 month.
“Intraoral scanning is here to stay, but that doesn’t mean it’s easy and getting the proper retraction is essential to insure proper image acquisition and quality,” said Dr. Scott Ganz. “Mirrors are reflective and often uncomfortable for the patient… and we shouldn’t be using fingers to retract for single teeth or full arch restorations. I have been very impressed with the recently introduced Scan-Mate’s fully adjustable and non-reflective instrument which definitively solves the problem. Scan-Mate allows me to quickly and clearly visualize the area to be scanned, helping to insure accurate, crisp, and clean images.”
- No more fingers! Enhance the visibility within the mouth without the use of fingers, leading to a more efficient and comfortable experience for both clinician and patient.
- Cut down image time by up to 3 minutes with precision retraction for scanning.
- Enhanced scanning for single restorations to full arches.
- Ideal for all intraoral scanning needs – crowns, bridges, implants, and orthodontics.
- The fully adjustable instrument enables each member of the dental team to customize the retraction to fit their needs.
- No more tissue issues as Scan-Mate provides better access, control, and comfort.
About Armor Dental
Armor Dental’s founding mission is to modernize patient recovery at home and improve digital work flow for the dental team. We have developed an entirely new category of patented dental products that aid in the healing of post-procedure hygiene to improve patient comfort and healing at home through our first product line, Mouth-Mate. We now bring you Scan-Mate to enhance retraction to be more efficient and comfortable for both clinician and patient. Armor Dental Corp. was founded in 2014 by Cherie Le Penske, Chief Executive Officer, and Dr. Katherine Haltom, Chief Clinical Officer, a renowned oral surgeon for over 30 years in the Boston area. Our team is passionately committed to improving dental care by empowering patients and clinicians from the dental office to home with helpful products, clinical data, and superior customer service.
Cherie Le Penske, Chief Executive Officer